- I began using the ERGObrass horn support a few months before back surgery, in anticipation of having to perform soon after the surgery itself. After a short period of adjustment, I discovered I was able to play with less tension in my whole upper body, with better posture and more relaxed airflow, whether I was sitting or standing. I also found I experienced less pain and fatigue after long rehearsals, performances, or days of constant playing. I told my doctor about this device and as a result was allowed to begin practicing one week after surgery, and performed two weeks after that. Now that the surgery is behind me and my back has recovered, I have decided to continue using this horn support into the foreseeable future. I highly recommend it, not just for people with back problems, but for young players, marching bands, and anyone who wants to extend their playing careers, or even just get the horn off their legs.
Professor of Horn
Central Washington University, USA
- For years I struggled with playing demanding solo and quartet literature while standing. I was always frustrated that my playing was so much better while sitting. I could never really show off to the public what I was really capable of doing, nor could I express musically and in minute detail the things I had practiced so hard. This was mainly due to the heavy weight of the horn (Paxman Triple), as well as a natural tendency to tension while playing. After having received the ERGObrass, I could tell immediately that this device would have enormous potential for me and my situation. I am very aware that everyone plays differently and we all have different problems. But mine has always been this problem with the weight of the instrument. It takes a bit of experimentation and getting used to, but I have already seen a huge improvement. I have been working with the ERGObrass stand now for several weeks and plan to use it at upcoming performances in Spain, Singapore, Australia and Rome.
American Horn Quartet
Orchestre Philharmonique de Luxembourg
- With this system a child of any age can play a horn without any physical problems. Not just for the sake of using air, but also to maintain good posture without any tension. I am not saying this just as a spectator but as a father of two "fantastic" hornists, age 7 and 9 years. With the ERGObrass support they never have any tension, and they never get tired in any part of the body, except in the lips, of course! Without any doubt the ERGObrass support should be an indispensable tool for every young hornist and also for every horn professor.
International horn artist
Professor of horn, Madrid, Spain
- I have been teaching little students for years. I found they always have problem on keeping good embouchure and posture of holding the horn. With Ergobrass, the little students can maintain good posture no tension and control the horn very easy. My youngest students who is just only 5, she can play the horn very relex and good air flow. It's no doubt that the Ergobrass is a good invention for the young players.
Hornist, Hong Kong Wind Kamerata
Horn teacher, Hong Kong Academy for Performing Arts (Junior School)
- I use the ERGObrass whenever I play, and I love it. All the tension that used to travel up my left arm is gone. The ERGObrass is also quite a conversation piece in the New York freelancing scene - everybody wants to know what it is, and wants to try it. It is a wonderful solution to the problem of the awkwardness of holding the horn.
- When I play with the ERGObrass, my breathing comes easier, because my whole body is more relaxed.
- The biggest side effect of using the support was figuring out how to cue in a chamber music setting. My normal cuing motions were not possible, and I had to figure out a new way to communicate physically with my colleagues. I was able to solve this issue in a few rehearsals.
Meridian Arts Ensemble, New York
- A player needs only a little time to get used to the ERGObrass, a support device that works well in practising at home and in the concert hall. It helps prevent many stress injuries. With this support one can avoid problems caused by bad performing posture -- the device encourages correct body alignment for horn playing. The ERGObrass makes it easier to hold the instrument; it frees a player from physical tension, not just in the hands and back but also in the throat. It helps relax the player's breathing. I recommend the ERGObrass for every horn player!
Professor of horn
Sibelius Academy, Helsinki Finland
- Playing with the ERGObrass is much lighter. You notice it especially when you have to play more demanding material. I have tested other horn support devices, but they have not convinced me. With the ERGObrass you can use your energy for the music as you do not need to worry about holding your instrument (I use triple horn, 5,5 kg). The ERGObrass makes a big difference! No more pains or tiredness in my neck, shoulders or hands. I have also tested the ERGObrass with my students and they find the right playing posture readily: with a straight back, and they do not turn their head unnecessarily. I wholeheartedly endorse the ERGObrass for both students and professional players.
- When you don't have to hold the instrument with tensed hands you can breathe freely, more efficiently, and you also get rid of the unwanted pressure in the embouchure, which is often a consequence of struggling with the weight of the horn. This is very important for good tone quality. With the ERGObrass you do not get tired so you can practise a lot longer; you do not bend under the strain of carrying the horn's weight.
Tampere Philharmonic Orchestra, alternating principal horn
Professor of horn, Tampere Music Academy
- ERGObrass has solved problems I had in coping with the weight of the horn. The ERGObrass support makes performance a light and comfortable experience. A good posture is easy to maintain and therefore breathing is more efficient. What more could a horn player ask for? I will never play without this marvellous tool..